Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.42
– Added 4 new settings: Language Switcher Text Color / Text Hover Color / Background Color / Arrow Color.
– Re-arranged the settings panel to reflect these new changes (current saved settings will NOT be affected).
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.41
-Added a new setting: users can now change the Floating Widget toolbar background color.
– Cleaned up a minor coding error in load-switcher.php
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.40
– Added new setting to allow for changing background color of the floating widget.
– Re-factored coding in load-switcher.php and fixed issues with browser language detection not working properly.
– Fixed ‘undefined index’ errors in google-language-translator.php.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.39
– Fixed an undefined variable error in load-flags.php, it was preventing LANG parameter from working in the Firefox browser.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premiun v5.0.38
– Moved the call to “load-switcher.php” into the footer for better efficiency.
– Fixed another error related to the activation/de-activation of license keys.
– Fixed additional issues with LANG parameter not functioning in certain situations.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premiun v5.0.37
– Fixed additional issues with LANG parameter not working correctly.
– Added cability (experimental) to edit translations while using auto-translation.
– Simplified the settings page in regard to how languages/flags are chosen. Now users can simply choose the langauges they want, then turn flags on/off for those languages.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.36
– Fixed PHP errors associated with license key functionality.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.35
– Fixed an issue with the lang parameter not working properly.
– Changed Chinese (Traditional) language flag to the Flag of Taiwan.
– Fixed a minor display issue with the Google Analytics setting in WordPress Dashboard.
– Change all scripts in googlelanguagetranslator.php to load asynchronously.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.34
– Fixed a major issue with language detection settings. Code for language detection is now hooked into the ‘wp_footer’ action.
– Updated to jQuery Cookie 1.4.1.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.33
– Fixed an error with the language switcher not functioning properly when the “lang” attribute setting is activated.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.32
– Automated the process of sending license keys when a purchase is made at http://wp-studio.net. Users will receive their license key immediately via email.
– Fixed a small display error on the settings page.
– Added the $ver parameter to all enqueued scripts and styles. This will ensure that all files are refreshed when an update is made.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.31
– Fixed a CSS display issue with the settings screen. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.30
– Fixed a CSS display issue with the Floating Widget toolbar.
– Improved the GLT Settings page dislay.
– Changed the name of PHP classes to reflect a more unique name (to avoid error messages if user have both free and premium versions activated).
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.29
– Removed toolbar.js and flags.js and combined to existing files (to improve efficiency of page load and http requests).
– Added new setting to allow or prevent floating widget text to translate.
– Added new setting for custom text in the Floating Widget.
– Removed “notranslate” class from the Floating Widget text to allow for translation.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.28
– Fixed a CSS display issue with horizontal layout for the elegant theme. It was improperly displaying Google branding twice.
– Added SIMPLE layout (make sure to choose “Classic” theme setting, then SIMPLE will appear as a layout option).
– Improved functionality for flags. Users are now returned to original language when the flag is displayed. The Google Toolbar will be hidden once returning back to the original language. The Google Toolbar will appear again when another translation is made.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.27
– Added 8 new languages with their associated flags: Hawaiian, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Luxembourgish, Pashto, Shona, Corsican, Amharic.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.26
– Fixed CSS for single language shortcodes. English, Spanish and Portuguese were not able to display the correct customized flags chosen by the user in Advanced Settings
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.25
– Added Sindhi and Frisian as a new languages with their associated flags.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.24
– Added Xhosa and Samoan as a new languages with their associated flags.
– Renamed some of the wp_enqueue_script calls to include more unique file names, thus avoiding conflict with other plugins overriding these files.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.23
– Fixed “256 characters of unexpected output” error upon plugin activation.
– Fixed a glitch with clicking the language drop-down. Translation was firing when the drop-down was clicked initially, but also fired again when a user chose a language. This should no longer happen.
– Eliminated a glitch with flags.js. The firing function was being loaded twice, which caused the Google Toolbar to display the language improperly when going back to the original language.
– Made a simple improvement to CSS for the mobile settings page.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.22
– Fixed an issue with software license activation. Our license software had an update which produced the error, although it should work correctly now.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.19
– Fixed an error preventing the settings page for manual translation to display. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.18
– Re-factored code for settings registration.
– Fixed PHP error related to the /install/uninstall hook.
– Added a new setting called “Browser Language Detection”. If activated, website visitors will see your website in their native browser language upon their first visit. GLT currently supports 76 different browser language codes.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.17
– Fixed an issue with “glt_locate_template” function. The function now runs only when manual translation is activated.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.16
– Added capability for user to create a custom template for managing translated pages.
– Fixed the manual translation switcher to show the current language and flag that is being displayed to the user.
– Fixed problematic CSS styles associated with the page/post edit screens when creating manual translation pages.
– Fixed major issue with language switcher displaying “undefined” upon user’s first visit to translatable pages.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.15
– Updated another error in flag display – the custom flag choice was not showing the correctly in the floating widget. This happened only when used on it’s own, and not when used on the same page as the
– Added Select All / Clear All links to the language and flag checkboxes.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.14
– Added new option “Floating Widget Position”, see settings panel located at “Settings > Google Language Translator Premium.
– Updated the flag display setting for the menu language shortcode. Previously, it was not showing/hiding the flag due to the migration of flag images over to a single image sprite.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.12
– Added auto-update feature that allows users to download the latest version of the plugin, directly from their WordPress Dashboard!
– Adjusted CSS to reflect the correct flag countries and sizes in the Floating Widget toolbar.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.1
– Migrated all flag images into image sprites.
– Added 10 new languages and associated flags: Chichewa, Kazakh, Malagasy, Malayalam, Myanmar(Burmese), Sesotho, Sinhala, Sundanese, Tajik, and Uzbek.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v5.0.0
– Updated jQueryUI scripts to load internally from WordPress, instead of separate files.
– Removed all jQueryUI related files from the plugin.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.9
– Fixed additional syntax errors in googlelanguagetranslator.php. This was producing the language as “undefined” when switching languages in the drop-down.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.8
– Fixed 3 undefined index PHP errors ($default_language_name) found in googlelanguagetranslator.php.
– Updated a link in the support documentation, which was being directed to a porn site outside of WPStudio. We owned this domain at one time, but no longer have any control of that domain, or the content located there.
– Changed minor CSS styles in style.php.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.7
-Fixed an important display issue associated with the manual translation module. Previously, when activating manual translation, the language switcher was not turned-on by default. Users probably had no idea that they needed to turn-on the setting, . This is now fixed and the language switcher shows at the top of posts (by default) once manual translation is activated.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.6
– Fixed issues with language switcher displaying jQuery code in the image “alt” tags. Now those “alt” tags will properly display the language name.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.5
– Fixed an issue with “alt” tags displaying the incorrect information in vertical layout (found when using Appearance > Widgets). In some cases, “alt” tags were displaying the image width instead of the language name.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.4
– Added “alt” tag to single language images. (for when languages are placed using single language shortcode).
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.3
– Fixed multiple “undefined variable” errors found in googlelanguagetranslator.php.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.2
– Fixed a syntax error that was preventing the “Specific Languages” drop-down from displaying.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0.1
– Added Manual Translation Module, which makes translation available for storage in single pages/posts. A language drop-down is provided for your users to switch back and forth between the translated pages/posts you choose to build. Please see the documentation here to understand fully how to use it: http://wp-studio.net/manual-translation/
– Re-factored some specific lines of code that seemed to throw errors in the latest update of WordPress 4.0.
– Re-factored code in ‘googlelanguagetranslator.php’ to be more efficient, which resulted in about 1000 less, lines of code.
– Fixed the issue with ALT tags display the image size for its value.
– Fixed the issue with width/height attributes of flag images, incorrectly using “px” in their values.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v4.0
– Fixed a major footer script error, which caused single menu language translations not to function.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v3.0.9
– Fixed the incorrect image links for the menu translation shortcode – images were not displaying at all. I apologize for this inconvenience – this was a horrible error.
– Made some minor CSS changes to ensure plugin styles are not overridden by WordPress themes.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v3.0.8
– Added NEW shortcode! Allows placement of single languages into the navigation menu, pages, or posts. See link below to view simple demo.
– View new shortcode demo here. (Shown at bottom of page and in nav menu.)
– Eliminated 1 PHP error (only known error currently)
– Re-factored code in googlelanguagetranslator.php to improve efficiency
– Removed “de-activation” hook. Added “uninstall” hook instead. Settings will be preserved until user deletes the plugin completely.
– Updated CSS styles for the flags area to prevent themes from overriding layouts.
Updates for Google Language Translator Premium v3.0.7
– Corrected 5 PHP errors that caused display errors in a few cases.
– Updated to 81 total languages
– Added drag/drop functionality to the flags – now you can arrange flags any way you want.
– Added flag choices for 3 languages. English can now display either United States, United Kingdom, or Canadian flags. Spanish can now display either Spanish or Mexican flag. Portuguese can now display either Brazilian flag or Portuguese flag.
– Added option to append the ‘lang’ attribute to URLs. The feature has zero SEO benefit, since Google does not provide incentive for auto-generated translations in Google Search.
– Refactored some of the old, inefficient code. The plugin loads more quickly and increases page speed to some extent.